How to care for your fresh basil plant
- Do not refrigerate.
- To maintain freshness, remove plant from package and cut elastic then remove bag from the roots.
- Place in a tall water glass.
- Add non-treated water to the glass until it reaches the top of the slots in the net pot which holds the roots.
- Place in a lighted area in the kitchen and enjoy fresh basil as needed by picking the leaves from the stem.
- Remember - basil does not like cooler temperatures. So do not place it in a window sill or drafty area.